Donate five dollars
Add your voice to the battle for free expression!
With the rise of increasingly authoritarian governments in all parts of the world, freedom of expression, and thus democracy and the rule of law, are more at risk than ever.
Sydney PEN is one of 150 centres around the world fighting for freedom of expression. This involves campaigning for the release of writers who are imprisoned for their views, advocating for laws that promote press freedom, and combatting those who seek to silence criticism of government and political commentary generally.
Donating to Sydney PEN will help us to:
- run the Free Voices lecture series
- commission original articles for publication in our Sydney PEN magazine
- run cultural events aligned with our mission of creating freedom to read and to write
Funding also supports the work of PEN International’s Committees in order to:
- raise awareness of imprisoned writers and laws and practices that silence writers through the Writers in Prison Committee
- promote cultural and linguistic diversity through its Translation and Linguistic Rights Committee,
- promote women writers through its Women Writers Committee.
Donations to PEN Sydney are tax deductible.